We hope that everyone is safe and taking care of yourselves and your loved ones, following the suggestions of medical professionals and your best judgement. These are strange, challenging times that we face.
First and foremost the health and safety of the Elevate team, the youth we work with, and our community is at the top of our minds. In light of the community effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we have asked Elevate employees to work from home during the Parkrose School District closure. We are closely monitoring what is happening, in constant communication with Michael Lopes-Serrao and other PRSD leadership to take measures to reduce risk and to stay safe. We are not losing sight of supporting the kids we serve.
So, what does that mean? It means our TeacherMentors are:
- Regularly checking in with students and families via phone, text, and email to see if there are needs we can help with.
- Coordinating resources and responding to needs by connecting people to community resources.
- Continuing to work 1 on 1 with youth, but remotely – checking on kids to see how they are doing personally, socially and academically via text, email and phone.
- Creating academic plans to keep kids on track.
- Rescheduling/postponing meetings and/or events per the latest information we have from experts.